Apr 9, 2012 News
Google’s Android OS has done it yet again. According the latest report by ComScore, More than 50% of the US smartphone subscribers are now on Android.
The Android OS is in the lead with 50.1% with Apple in second place with 30.2%. Android has increased by 3.2 since the last three months. While Android and Apple have increased last quarter, RIM has seen a dip in their user base reducing from 16.6% to 13.4%.
Among the top mobile OEM’s, Samsung Electronics has maintained its place capturing 25.6% of OEM which is the same as last quarter. However, LG, HTC and Motorola have taken a decreased from last quarter.
- comScore reports Android Now Top Smartphone Platform in U.S.
- Nielson Report : Android becomes smartphone users choice.
- comScore report: iOS out performs Android Platform
- Android leading smartphone OS, Samsung represents 40% of Android-based devices
- Android Smartphone, Samsung Galazy S II Channel sales touch 10 million