Nov 30, 2011 News
The number of smartphone users is increasing every day. When purchasing a new mobile phone, 56% of US users’ first preference is a Smartphone. Nielson’s latest report reveals that 44% of all US mobile subscribers are using Smartphone out of which 71% of them are either running on Android OS or iOS.
When considering mobile apps downloads, 56% downloads are done either on an iPhone or an Android Device. In terms of Market Share Android and iOS are clearly in the lead with Android OS 42.8% and iOS following with 28.3%.
Major Manufacturers who contribute to Android OS shares are HTC with 15%, followed by Samsung and Motorola both of which are approximately 10%.
Source Nielson Blog
- Nielson Report : Android becomes smartphone users choice.
- Nielson survey reveals Android leads in the U.S Smartphone Market
- Android leading smartphone OS, Samsung represents 40% of Android-based devices
- Nielson Report: Android users prefer Android Applications to Web
- Android replaces iPhone as no.2 in US, reports comScore.