Jan 31, 2011 News
The smartphone market data for Q4 2010 has been released by research firm Canalys today.
Shipments of Android-based smart phones reached 32.9 million, while devices running Nokia’s Symbian platform trailed slightly at 31.0 million worldwide. The smartphone market soared with a shipment of 101.2 million units with a year over year growth rate of 89%.
The boom in Android platform is again boosted by strong performances from HTC and Samsung which together accounted for 45% of the Android OS based handset shipment. the other contributors were LG and Acer. Apple was behind Symbian with 16.2 million units shipped.
Jan 28, 2011 android apps
Facebook released an update for its Android app on Friday. But that is not all! The update is has fixed some previous bug issues and also introduced Facebook Deals.
Facebook Deals was introduced to the iOS platform a few months ago and now Android users can enjoy the benefits of it as well. With Facebook Deals you can find discounts at nearby stores based on any four: individual, loyalty, friend, and charity. It launched with 22 partners, and will be opened to 20,000 small businesses.
Jan 28, 2011 Android App Development
Last year, Advent has mentioned a release of the source code for the Advent Vega. Earlier this week, they distributed the latest firmware v1.08 to the Vega Tegra 2 tablet. And now Advent has released the source code as well.
The source code is however not available on Advent but instead they are hosting it on Modaco.
You can download the source code from here.
Jan 27, 2011 News
When we knew the next Android OS was to be called Honeycomb, we dint really give much thought to whether it would get a logo.
With the SDK for the Android 3.0 released, there were few who found the logo within the SDK. The logo is of a blue bumblebee. It looks pretty cool and goes with the theme of Android and Honeycomb.
What do you think about the logo?
Jan 27, 2011 Android App Development
- an early Android 3.0 system image for use in the Android emulator
- Android 3.0 library with non-final APIs. Since its non-final, some API’s may change in behaivior or availability once the final SDK is made available.
- A new WXGA emulator skin for an extra large Android Virtual Device New documentation for Android 3.0, including a complete API reference, new developer guides, and an API differences report between Android 3.0 and 2.3.
Jan 25, 2011 News
The first ever Android developer conference is here, BZ Media LLC the publisher of Software development Times is organizing this developer conference .Starting with intensive workshops and moving to the technical classes , the conference will last for a total of 3 days . Companies selling products and services to Android developers and marketers will be provided with a tabletop exhibit area.
Of course, developing a successful and useful mobile application involves a lot more than just throwing a quick piece of software against the market wall to see if it sticks. This biggest challenge to success is the bar measuring the quality of applications, keeps getting raised. There are a huge number of apps that actually do nothing, and there are lots of sophisticated apps that never come up. One other big challenge is there really isn’t a clear picture of why some things sell well and others do not, so there is no definitive road-map to success. Some things sell very well and even the developers don’t know why. This is why the AnDevCon is here to share some vital aspects of Android app development. The conference will cover topics like:
The conference is an invitation to all app developer, marketers and Android geeks
Details about the Conference:
- Date: 7-9 March 2011
- Venue: San Mateo in San Francisco, California, USA
- Admission: non-free, with payment
Classes and workshops at AnDevCon fall into 3 topic areas:
- Android Developer Essentials: These technical classes and workshops are for all Android developers, and cover all programming topics.
- Android Enterprise Essentials: These technical sessions cover topics specific to building and managing apps for employees, business customers and partners, such as back-end integration corporate datacenter communications, ERP or CRM systems.
- Android Business Essentials: These classes and workshops are for entrepreneurs and developers who want to learn the most effective ways of distributing and marketing Android apps, including how to maximize sales through the Android Market.